Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will complete the transition from (National Occupational Classification) NOC 2016 to NOC 2021 in November 2022, the memorandum confirms.
In doing so, the system will move from the current skill level-based classification to a new TEER classification, standing for Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities.
Once this is done, the following occupations will be added:
- Payroll administrators
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- Sheriffs and bailiffs
- Correctional service officers
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- Pest controllers and fumigators
- Other repairers and servicers
- Transport truck drivers
- Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- Heavy equipment operators
- Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors.